A quick search to try to figure out how to set the syntax highlighting for custom and obscure file types in netbeans 6.9 turned up nothing. Most things I found told me to go to Tools > Options > Advanced Settings and then set it up in there. Well, in my version of netbeans there is no “Advanced Settings,” so I had to figure it out on my own, and this is how I set syntax highlighting for custom file types:
- Go to Tools > Options and an Options panel should pop up.
- Click on Miscellaneous
- Click on the files tab
- Here you will see a list of extensions and their associated file type.
- Click on the “New” Button
- Enter the name of your new extension
- Choose the correct File Type
- All Done!
Granted, this process is pretty obvious once you figure out exactly where in Netbeans’ giant menu you need to look to accomplish this task. Hope this saved some of you some time. Cheers!